Christmas Gift Ideas >
101 Homemade Gift Ideas for
Crafty Gifts Part II
Make your own craft items to give as gifts this
71. Wreaths and Swags made of dried fruits like lemons,
apples etc. or Pomander balls made of dried grapefruit covered
with cloves will also make gifts apt for Christmas.
Make your own Potpourri and wrap it in cellophane. Place the
cellophane packets in fabric bags. Mix your favorite Christmassy
spices like cinnamon, mint, allspice and dried fruits and fruit
peel and mix them with a few drops of essential oil. Store in
airtight containers away from direct sunlight till used.
73. Gift a box of Pinecone Fireplace Starters. Tie strings
around the pine cones and dip them first in melted wax and then in
some fireplace sparkler stuff. Place in a decorative box using
potpourri as a filler.
74. Gift personalized Christmas stockings by making
stockings from leftover felt or other material from your home. Sew
or glue felt cutouts in Christmas shapes and embroider the
recipient’s name on the stocking. Don’t forget to stuff the
stocking with goodies before gifting.
75. Decorate simple and inexpensive photo frames with sea
shells, beads etc.
76. Make wine charms by stringing beads and charms on wine
charm rings. Wine charms will make a nice hostess gift.
77. Make ‘Coin Holders’ by decorating various jars and
containers to gift to recipients who use coin-operated facilities.
78. If you are good at quilting, fleece blankets will be a
cozy gift for any gift recipient at this time of the year.
79. Gift a close relative or friend a scrapbook complete with
pictures, quotes and sweet memories from the past.
80. For a cooking enthusiast, make a personalized recipe book
comprising of your best and ‘most requested recipes.
81. Make and gift your own Christmas place mats. These
place mats are easy to wipe clean and can last for more that just
one holiday season. Use poster board or some other stiff paper to
begin this craft. Use your old Christmas cards or even worn
decorations to cut out your desired images and arrange them on the
stiff paper. If the stiff paper shows through and you would like a
more festive background, you can ‘wrap’ the stiff paper in
Christmas wrap or tissue before placing on your images. Cover your
paper and images with clear contact paper.
82. Beaded Jewelry can be made using the vast variety of
beads and tones available at craft stores and makes a great gift
for girls and women.
83. Life’s Little Emergencies - Don’t know what to do with
those old baby food jars? Take a humorous twist; place silly
objects inside the jar with a note saying break jar in case of